Good Morning All Star Batting players and familys,
It is our pleasure to have your children in our team and enjoy see them progress daily. We wanted to take the time to thank the parents for all they do to get them to the field and helping when available. The support is appreciated and really helps with children’s experience.
We are excited to have our first game against Pool Dr this afternoon from 5:30 -7:30 PM. As of now the weather looks a little challenging but we will keep out eye on it and make the best decision for the team with as much advanced notice as possible. We ask all players to be at the field by 5:15 to warm up for the game.
Assuming the weather holds off we wanted to take a moment to highlight a couple of things.
- On game days we ask that parents have players at the field 15 minutes early to allow stretches and warmups.
- This is an instructional pitching league where coaches will pitch the First ½ of the season as we help them develop skills & we will transition to player pitching for this second half. We will work players through opportunities to pitch where interest and skill are present.
- Starting tomorrow players will be in the catcher’s position. Yesterday was the first day we geared the children up and they had a blast.
- We are confident that other players will have interest and opportunity.
- It is required that all members wear protective cups.
- This can be uncomfortable for the players at first & challenging to gain acceptance but is worth the initial frustration in the event they are needed, Catchers are especaly at risk, but this is a league ruling.
- If your player does not have a cup for today, please make it a priority to get for this weekend’s upcoming game for the safety of the players. As if now we are [laying against Chatterton Marina Saturday 12-2PM
- Please take the time to identify / mark you players gear like Hats, Helmets, Gloves (Catching and Batting) and Bats. As coaches we are always looking to make sure your players have all items as the leave at the end of a practice or game, but we are frequently finding unmarked items left behind making it difficult to return.
As I read this calling them Players makes them sound BIG 😊, this is a growth year for our little ones for sure.
Thank you for your time and see you at the field
GO ALL STAR’s!!!
Adam Furphy and Kristopher Davidson