New Fairfield 11yr old Travel -
1) This team will represent New Fairfield in the Cal Ripken District 4 Tournament! The Cal Ripken District Tournament is a highly competitive double elimination tournament for CT towns hoping to advance to the Cal Ripken World Series. We will be competing in district 4 against our neighboring towns of Danbury, Brookfield, New Milford, Shepaug and Bethel. The winner advances to the State Tournament and continues a double elimination format through the Regional Tournament. The Regional Tournament winner will advance to the Cal Ripken World Series! (**please note… the world series is only for 10yr old and 12yr old levels. The 9yr old and 11yr old can only advance to the regional level). The start date for the District 4 Tournament is June 24th. The CT State Tournament, Regionals, and World Series following the District Tournament.
2) This Team will also compete in the Al Leornard Jimmy Fund Tournament hosted by Bethel CT. The tournament will begin on June 11th with a championship game set for June 17th.
3) This team will also compete in the GHVBL (Greater Hudson Valley baseball League) throughout the Spring (April-May... championship weekend is May 30th) & Summer (June-July-Aug... championship weekend is Aug 8th). **The schedule will be out in late March for the spring season & late May for the summer season.
4) This team will also have an opportunity to play in an optional Memorial Day Tournament. We use the word optional because it is up to the coaches, players and parents to make a full team commitment and fund the tournament. It is not included in the travel team's cost. Your coaching staff will send more information regarding the Memorial Day Tournament as we get closer to the season.
5) Indoor practices at All Star Batting - Monday nights March 2nd - March 30th (7:00-8:30pm)
6) Uniform fitting at NF Company A Fire House – Thursday February 20th (6:30-8:00pm) The uniform is not included in the cost of the team. Please bring a form of payment for the uniform... check is preferred. All uniform pieces are optional with the exception of the jersey, hat and dryfit... meaning you do not have to purchase an item if it still fits you from last year and it is in good condition. The reasoning for the three items (jersey, hat and dry fit) not being optional this year is the fact that the kids have spoken and we have answered... a new jersey that is comfortable, light weight, new in design and most importantly they will love wearing to every game. The reasoning for the hat and dryfit being mandatory.... we cannot put the Cal Ripken patch on the new jersey so we will use the Cal Ripken hat patch and the new dryfit will have a new logo, the same logo used by the high school program. The price of each item... Hat-$20, Jersey-$45, DryFit-$20, Game Pant-$30, Game Socks-$6, Game Belt-$6, NF Helmet-$40, NF Bat Bag-$60 (the bat bag has an optional $5 charge to add your uniform number)
7) Parent meeting at All Star Batting – Monday March 2nd (7:00pm)
8) Travel cost – Spring--$305 (included the travel tryout fee of $40) this fee was paid for already / Summer-- $350-$40 (tryout fee) = $310 Payment due date will be May 1st. I will send out an email during the spring season with a link for registration and payment.
9) The 2020 Coaching Staff - Head Coach Joel Pardalis, Asst. Coach Ken Gaska, Asst. Coach Brian Huber, Asst. Coach Brian Farrell
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or email.