NFHS Baseball Program -
One week away from our mandatory parent/player meeting. Please mark your calenders and do everything in your power to have one parent and every player present for this meeting. The meeting is set for February 25th at 7:00pm in the high school library.
Agenda for the MANDATORY Parent/Player meeting (Tuesday February 25th 7:00-8:00pm at New Fairfield High School Library):
- Players will get fitted for their "Apparel Package" (game pants, pre-game tee, socks and belt)
- Introduction of coaches
- Pitchers/Catchers week review, tryout review, what is needed, expectations, etc...
- Season goals, expectations, important dates, etc...
- NFHS Baseball Program Apparel -- the DC will have forms for all player to fill out that night. Please note that this is a one time purchase of NFHS Baseball Program apparel. The order will be placed on Wednesday February 26th to assure the arrival of your purchased items before the start of the season. You will also need to understand that there is a no return policy or refund policy... if you do not make the team, if you chose the wrong size, or if you chose not to tryout... you do not get your money back nor can you return for a diferent size. It is a one time purchase. You may fill the form out in advance if you wish to do so or fill it out at the meeting... All checks should be made payable to New Fairfield Diamond Club. click here for the form ---> - NFHS Baseball Program Apparel Form -
- Diamond Club Presentation
- Q & A
2) Family ID will open in February for spring sports **All Players must register** Click here to register - Family ID -... remember no register = no tryout.
3) Please look into your physical expiration date. Make sure it does not expire during the season.
4) All Freshmen and Juniors that have not taken the concussion test must do so before the start of tryouts. Please check with the AD's office if you need to take the test in March
5) Pitchers and Catchers week Sunday March 15th-Thursday March 19th
- 4:30-5:30 in the HS Gym
- Invite only / 14 players (list will be out by March 4th)
- 5:30-6:30 all players can join in for some light conditioning (no baseball equipment needed)
6) What is needed at Day 1 tryout - Player Information Form, Player General Academic Assessment Form, Latest Report Card/Grades
7) Tryout Dates/Times/Place... (all times are subject to change)
- Day 1 - Saturday March 21st 9:00am-11:30am at NFHS Gym
- Day 2 - Sunday March 22nd 9:00am-11:30am at Dutches Stadium (8:00am bus / Locker room opens at 7:30am / bus will return around 12:30/12:45pm)
- Day 3 - Monday March 23rd 4:00-6:00pm at Dutches Stadium (2:30pm bus / bus will return around 7:00/7:15pm)
- Day 4 - Tuesday March 24th 2:15-4:15 Player Tryout Evaluation Talks (each player will be slotted for a 5min evaluation talk with the coaches. Times will be posted the week of the tryouts).
2020 NFHS Baseball Timeline:
- February 25th --Mandatory Parent/Player meeting 7:00-8:00 in the HS Library
- Late February --Family ID opens up for spring sports **All players must register** - Family ID Link -
- March 15th-19th --Pitchers and Catchers Training (Invitation only) & All Players Optional Conditioning Week
- March 21st-24th --Varsity, JV and Freshmen Tryouts
- March 29th --Opening "First Pitch" Breakfast
- March 30th-May 19th --High School Baseball Season (games and practices)
- May 23rd-June 13th --Varsity playoffs (SWC's and State Tournaments)
- June 14th --End of the Year Banquet
Important Information on the 2020 season:
- Please do not schedule any vacation time during Spring Break - Freshmen, JV and Varsity practices and games will take place during spring break. NFHS Athletic Rule... If a player misses an unexcused game he/she must sit out a game. If a player misses two unexcused practices he/she must sit out a game. Please take note of this.
- New Fairfield Baseball Website – please get acquainted with www.newfairfieldbaseball.com / The Varsity, JV and Freshmen schedule are up on the site. Some things to know about the website…
Click on TEAM tab / then HIGH SCHOOL / then VARSITY – all our information is on there as far as schedule, roster, etc..
Click on HIGH SCHOOL tab / MESSAGE BOARD – monthly, weekly, daily announcements will be posted on this page including emails that I send out.
Click on HIGH SCHOOL tab / you will also see direct links to the CIAC team schedules, MaxPrep direct link (where we keep stats), Picture link, Diamond Club page, etc…